Sunday, March 25, 2007

MT (member training)

This weekend we had our first MT, which means member training for new members in university clubs. This MT was by Mentor’s club, a club organizing parties and activities for exchange students. So we headed to a house somewhere 2 hour away from Seoul. We arrived there around 10PM, so the first thing we did after arriving to the house was having some barbecue. Then we moved to campfire, but it was all rainy and muddy so we didn’t stay outside for long. Also, even though it was a cottage trip, all Korean girls were wearing high heel sandals and miniskirts =) so it wasn’t too pleasant for them. So we went inside playing some Korean games I didn’t understand at all.. Just scream and make weird movements…?? However, I was totally exhausted as I had woken up at 6 in the morning so I had a brilliant idea to take a short powernap. Surprisingly I fell asleep and woke up at around 3AM and had to catch all others up... The MT was ok, but the stupid thing was that we went there so late and had to leave already at 9AM in the morning, so there was not that much time to have fun (especially if you wanted to sleep, too.) But I learned this is a normal Korean way: rent a house somewhere, go there at midnight and leave early morning. What I also learned is that Americans cannot drink. (I’ve never seen anyone throwing up on his own FACE, and I still don’t know how that even is possible…) In the pictures: me and one mentor, guys dressed up as gladiators, Finns having fun.

No comments: