Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Greetings from Seoul

Ok guys, sorry from now on I’ll write in English, too. So I’m here in Seoul to spend my exchange until summer 2007. I’ll study in Yonsei University and in this blog I’ll let you know how things are going… Above I just wrote a few lines about my flight, and then on 18th February I finally arrived to Korea. It was the Korean new year and biggest holiday of the year (like we have Christmas) so my host family was in another town. However, I heard about an internet site targeted to travellers called hospitality club where you can have visitors at your place and visit someone else abroad. So I stayed the two first nights at a really nice Korean girl. After two nights I moved in to my host family. They are called ‘Oh’ and besides father and mother I also have two adorable siblings. The boy Sung (Tommy) is eight and the daughter Youn (Annie) is seven. They are just melting my heart by being so happy =). The family lives in an apartment in a cosy area and I have an own room there. The room is Korean style, meaning that it has no bed in it. For the night you roll a thin mattress on the floor and have a good night sleep there. The pillow is stuffed with some dried peas. And it’s surprisingly comfortable!

No comments: